PLANETDEM 30 PLUS:
ACCURATE ELEVATION DATA
RESOLUTION: 30 METERSCOMPARE PLANETDEM 30 PLUS VS. GTOPO30 IN NORWAY
PlanetDEM 30 Plus
New generation of global and seamless Digital Elevation Model
PlanetObserver presents PlanetDEM 30 Plus, the new Digital Elevation Model offering a global coverage at 30-meter resolution and providing seamless, reliable and accurate data.
Unique high quality global elevation product
PlanetDEM 30 Plus is the new multi-source global elevation model processed from SRTM 30m data (Shuttle Radar Topography Mission) entirely corrected and completed with many other high quality source data (cartographic, etc.).
Enhanced and corrected SRTM data
The above map shows the SRTM coverage in grey, and in orange, areas that have been corrected. All void areas and artifacts still present in the SRTM 30m elevation dataset have been identified and corrected by using ASTER 30m elevation data. Extensive data corrections have been carried out on all mountainous regions across the world and in many desert areas in Africa and the Middle East.
Multi-source data addition to provide seamless global coverage
On the map, blue areas correspond to the additional elevation data that have been compiled beyond 60° north latitude and 56° south latitude, areas uncovered by SRTM data. Those elevation data come all from highly reliable sources.
Advanced processing techniques developed by PlanetObserver have been used to compile and extensively reprocess those multi-source data. The resulting PlanetDEM 30 Plus elevation product is a comprehensive global Digital Elevation Model at 30-meter resolution offering detailed, accurate and reliable information for the entire Earth.
PlanetDEM 30 Plus global elevation product is the unique high quality alternative to SRTM data. .
Benefits of PlanetDEM 30 Plus digital elevation model
- Global: full coverage of all Earth’s landmass;
- Reliable: correction of all void areas and remaining artifacts in SRTM 30m source data;
- Accurate: 30-meter resolution globally offering the required accuracy of DTED standards;
- Seamless: advanced seamless processing of all multi-source data;
- Cost effective: affordable pricing with special packages for global and continental coverages;
- Available off-the-shelf: in all professional file formats (GeoTiff and DTED);
- Customized delivery: from the global product to any area of interest.
Accurate elevation data for your most demanding projects
The overall accuracy of PlanetDEM 30 Plus elevation product is a major asset for many applications, even the most sensitive. PlanetDEM 30 Plus global elevation model is ideal for many projects:
- Visualization and simulation solutions
- 3D modeling applications
- Satellite imagery orthorectification
- Creation of embedded database, particularly for the Defense industry
- Mapping solutions
- Energy exploration and geological surveys
3D fly-through over the Alps produced by the company Ask with Trivis Weather Graphics software (PlanetDEM elevation data and PlanetSAT imagery)
PlanetDEM 30 Plus Digital Elevation Model
- Source: SRTM 30m (1 Arc-Second) data corrected and completed with different source data (ASTER, cartographic, etc.)
- Resolution: 30 m
- Coverage: global
- Projection: geographic WGS 84
- File format: GeoTiff, DTED2
- Total size: 883 GB in GeoTiff, 397 GB in DTED 2
PlanetObserver service +
How to order PlanetDEM 30 Plus elevation data? The process is easy: