UP-TO-DATE AND SEAMLESS BASEMAPMIDDLE EAST - SOUTHERN ASIA
VIBRANT NATURAL COLOURSGANGES DELTA
HIGH LEVEL OF DETAILSABU DHABI, UAE
PlanetSAT 15 L8
Up-to-date imagery basemap
Processed from fresh and cloudless Landsat 8 imagery, PlanetSAT 15 L8 is the new up-to-date, seamless and natural colour basemap with 15-meter resolution.
PlanetSAT 15 L8 imagery basemap is ready for delivery for all North Africa, Middle East, Central Asia, India, Southeast Asia, and Oceania! New areas available: China, Mongolia, Korean peninsula, and Japan!
PlanetSAT 15 L8 imagery basemap covers now 40% of the Earth’s land mass.
Benefits of PlanetSAT 15 L8 imagery basemap
- High quality basemap at 15m resolution: offering a working scale down to 1:50,000;
- Up-to-date imagery: use of Landsat 8 data collected since April 2013;
- More than 55 Mill. km² ready for delivery: all countries of North Africa, Middle East, Central Asia, India, Southeast Asia, Oceania, and now China, Mongolia, Korean peninsula, and Japan are available off-the-shelf;
- Faithful reproduction of Earth colours: exclusive seamless data processing in natural colours (RGB);
- Delivery of your area of interest: whatever the size, you get the data you need and not full standard tiles;
- Off-the-shelf product immediately available: onFTP or hard drive, in formats adapted to your professional applications;
- Custom basemap production: your AOI is not available yet? We can produce the area of your choice upon request according to your own specifications.
PlanetSAT 15 L8 imagery product is a seamless basemap processed in natural colours (RGB) from Landsat 8 source data. We select the best available cloudless scenes collected since spring 2013 in order to offer a new generation of high quality up-to-date imagery basemap.
PlanetSAT 15 L8: Countries and regions available
Check out on the map the areas immediately available, either for a full country or any area of your choice.
And discover all areas in production scheduled for release early 2017.
Examples of country basemaps and 15m areas:
Custom basemap production service
for any area of interest
Up-to-date imagery adapted to your projects
PlanetSAT 15 L8 new imagery basemap constitutes a great asset for all projects requiring up-to-date quality imagery data. PlanetSAT 15 L8 users come from various industries:
- Web mapping
- Visualization and simulation solutions
- Smartphone applications
- Graphic solutions for broadcast and weather
- Navigation software for entertainment
- Audiovisual production
- Mapping and illustration (print/web)
PlanetSAT 15 L8 imagery base map
- Source: satellite Landsat 8
- Resolution: 15 m
- Timeframe of acquisition: 2013 – 2016
- Spectral mode: natural colours (RGB 3 bands)
- Projection: geographic WGS 84
- File format: GeoTiff, JPEG 2000
- Data structure: 2° x 2° tiles in GeoTiff
- Tile size: 600 MB in GeoTiff
Download the technical sheet
PlanetObserver service +
How to order PlanetSAT 15 L8 imagery basemap? The process is easy:
Check out other PlanetSAT products
Unique global and cloudless imagery basemap available off-the-shelf
Very High Resolution satellite imagery offer, for any area of interest across the world