FROM GLOBAL TO LOCAL
WITH CLOUDLESS IMAGERY
HUNDREDS OF UP-TO-DATE CITIES
Unique global imagery basemap
Discover PlanetSAT 15, the unique global imagery basemap with 15-meter resolution, constantly upgraded with cloudless data and up-to-date satellite imagery.
NEW SERVICE: Annual update program
Benefits of PlanetSAT 15 global imagery basemap
- Global: with complete pole-to-pole coverage;
- Up-to-date: annual update program with fresh Landsat 8 imagery;
- Cloudless: removal of thousands of square kilometers of clouds to provide high quality geographic information worldwide;
- Natural colours: exclusive seamless data processing in natural colours (RGB);
- Adapted to all projects requesting medium resolution data: 15m resolution offering a working scale down to 1 :100,000;
- Customized deliveries of your areas of interest : that may go from a few square kilometers to the global product;
- Off-the-shelf product immediately available: by FTP or on hard drive, in formats adapted to your professional applications.
Focus on PlanetSAT 15 upgrades
Check out the major cloud removal upgrade we’ve done for PlanetSAT 15 global imagery basemap, and discover before/after examples for particularly “difficult” tropical areas.
We’ve had to combine different Landsat scenes to reduce cloud cover in tropical regions, both in Southeast Asia, Africa and South America. To date, we’ve removed thousands of square kilometers of clouds.
The end-result: PlanetSAT 15 imagery basemap provides unique high quality geographic information!
Hundreds of cities across the world have been updated with fresh Landsat 8 imagery. Upgrades have been done for more than 250 places, i.e. capital cities and major urban areas on all continents.
Click on the map to discover the cities updated with Landsat 8 imagery, and click on the tags to find out each upgrade date.
Updates are particularly striking in Asia and the Middle East where urban infrastructures have changed drastically those past years.
Check out the most impressive before/after examples by clicking on the thumbnails.
Perfect for visualization and simulation solutions
With its combination of attractive colours and geometric accuracy, PlanetSAT 15 imagery basemap represents the perfect mapping solution for a wide variety of applications:
- Web mapping
- Visualization and simulation solutions
- Smartphone applications
- Graphic solutions for broadcast and weather
- Navigation software for entertainment
- Audiovisual production
- Mapping and illustration (print/web)
PlanetSAT 15 global imagery basemap
- Source: satellite Landsat 7 ETM+ and updates with Landsat 8 data (2013-2015)
- Resolution: 15 m
- Coverage: global
- Spectral mode: natural colours (3 bands RGB)
- Projection: geographic WGS 84
- File format: GeoTiff, JPEG 2000
- Total data size: 5 TB in GeoTiff, 150 GB in JPEG 2000
PlanetObserver service +
How to order PlanetSAT 15 global imagery basemap? The process is easy:
Check out other PlanetSAT products
PlanetSAT 15 L8
Natural colour regional basemaps with up-to-date Landsat 8 satellite imagery
Very High Resolution satellite imagery offer, for any area of interest across the world