HONG KONG, CHINA
TASSILI NAJJER, ALGERIA
Imagery basemap update service
With PlanetSAT Updates service, we constantly update and produce new imagery basemaps with recent and cloud-free Landsat 8 data. PlanetSAT Updates are seamless and natural color basemaps at 15m resolution.
PlanetSAT Updates basemaps are ready for immediate use for the following regions: Western Europe, North Africa, Middle-East, Central Asia, India, Oceania and Asia.
Latest productions: Mexico, Western United States and Nordic countries (Scandinavia and Finland)
PlanetSAT Updates: Countries and regions available
Check out on the map the areas immediately available, either for a full country or any area of your choice. And discover all areas in production scheduled for release throughout 2017. We constantly produce new regions by processing fresh Landsat 8 satellite images. Don’t hesitate to contact us to find out more on the production schedule.
Focus on latest PlanetSAT Updates imagery
Here is a focus on the latest production of PlanetSAT Updates basemaps. More than 6 million sq km have been newly covered. You can order right now the regions Mexico, Guatemala, Belize and El Salvador in Central America, The Western United States from California to Colorado, and Montana to New Mexico, and the Nordic countries (Scandinavia and Finland). Those new basemaps are entirely processed at 15-meter resolution with Landsat 8 satellite images, mainly from 2015-2017.
The advantages of PlanetSAT Updates imagery basemaps
- High quality imagery basemap at 15m resolution: offering a working scale down to 1:50,000,
- Up-to-date imagery: use of Landsat 8 data collected between 2013-2017,
- More than 80 Mill. sq km ready for delivery: Western Europe, North Africa, Middle East, Central Asia, India, Asia and Oceania are available off-the-shelf,
- Faithful reproduction of the Earth colours: exclusive seamless data processing in natural colours (RGB).
PlanetSAT Updates are seamless basemaps processed in natural colours (RGB) from Landsat 8 source data. We select the best available cloudless scenes collected since spring 2013 in order to offer a new generation of high quality up-to-date imagery basemap.
Examples of country basemaps and 15m areas
PlanetSAT Updates imagery basemaps
- Resolution: 15 m
- Spectral mode: natural colours (3 bands RGB)
- Source: Landsat 8 satellite images
- Acquisition dates: 2013-2017
- Projection: Geographic WGS 84
- File format: GeoTiff, JPEG 2000
- Tiling structure: 2°x2° tiles
- Tile size: 600 MB in JPEG 2000
- Delivery terms: FTP or hard drive
Take advantage of PlanetSAT Updates imagery basemaps in all your projects
PlanetSAT Updates imagery basemaps constitute a great asset for all projects requiring up-to-date quality satellite images. PlanetSAT Updates users come from various industries, ranging from web-mapping, mobile apps, to any kind of visualization and simulation solutions for media, entertainment or military purposes.
Check out how users take advantage of PlanetSAT Updates imagery basemaps in their industry sectors: