GLOBAL IMAGERY BASEMAP
WITH FRESH AND CLOUD-FREE DATA
Up-to-date and cloud-free global imagery basemap
Discover PlanetSAT Global, the unique global imagery basemap that offers a seamless and global coverage of the Earth in natural colours at 15-meter resolution with current and cloud-free multi-source satellite imagery.
Check out PlanetSAT Global annual update! A new updated version is released every year, to make you benefit from fresh satellite imagery,
in particular for all large urban areas around the world.
PlanetSAT Global is a high quality and ready-to-use basemap layer perfect for all visualization and simulation applications, and GIS solutions, both for civil and military purposes.
The advantages of PlanetSAT Global imagery basemap
PlanetSAT Global imagery basemap covers all the Earth’s landmass, including Antarctica.
Adapted to all projects requesting medium resolution data and a working scale down to 1:50,000.
With the new annual maintenance program, PlanetSAT Global imagery basemap is updated every year.
Exclusive seamless data processing in natural colours (RGB) to offer rich and vibrant colours.
PlanetSAT Global offers full cover with no clouds (at 98%) and provides reliable geographic information.
Free and with no obligation
Key benefits for users
UP-TO-DATE AND RELIABLE GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
Complementary to any other georeferenced database
OF YOUR AREAS OF INTEREST
From a few square kilometers
to the global product
Ready-to-use in your GIS solution
or any other professional application
Affordable pricing with special packages
for global and continental areas
PlanetSAT Global version #2017
A new updated version of PlanetSAT Global imagery basemap is released every year, in order to offer data totally consistent with all local changes and enhance user experiences. PlanetSAT Global version #2017 provides the following benefits:
- 40% of the global coverage updated with current and totally cloudless satellite images, by taking advantage of PlanetSAT Updates new mosaics
- Updates of all major urban areas, that is more than 300 sites updated around the world,
- Significant cloud cover reduction on all tropical areas, from South America to Africa and Southeast Asia,
- Seamless and homogeneous global product.
All updates have been processed with current Landsat 8 satellite images that offer rich colours and a high level of details. Data collected by the latest generation satellite from the Landsat Earth observing program are a unique source for high quality geographic information.
Check out on the map all updated areas in PlanetSAT Global version #2017
PlanetSAT Global #2017
PlanetSAT Global #2017: Landsat 8 Updates (in yellow on the map)
More satellite images
NEW: Annual maintenance program
Benefit from our new annual maintenance program that grants you access to all updates of PlanetSAT Global imagery basemap. Our team works actively at PlanetSAT Global constant upgrade by integrating fresh and cloud-free satellite imagery on all continents. Focus is on large populated areas and all major cities and capital cities.
The annual maintenance program gives you the following exclusive benefits:
- Annual update of all large urban areas and capital cities across the world, that is more than 300 sites updated every year,
- Updates of large areas,
- Updates of areas undergoing industrial changes,
- Constant removal of the remaining cloud cover in tropical areas with new data sourcing,
- Selection of best-available medium resolution satellite images: Landsat 8 and Sentinel-2 (from PlanetSAT Global version #2018).
Check out update examples of PlanetSAT Global version #2017
Queensferry Crossing, Edinburgh, Scotland - BEFORE
Queensferry Crossing, Edinburgh, Scotland - AFTER
Longkou Harbor, Shandong, China - BEFORE
Longkou Harbor, Shandong, China - AFTER
Mu River, Myanmar - BEFORE
Mu River, Myanmar - AFTER
PlanetSAT Global imagery basemap
- Resolution: 15 m
- Coverage: global
- Spectral mode: natural colours (3 bands RGB)
- Source: satellite images Landsat 8 for 40% of the Earth’s landmass and Landsat 7
- Acquisition dates for Landsat 8 data: 2013-2016
- Projection: Geographic WGS 84
- File format: GeoTiff, JPEG 2000
- Tiling structure : 2°x2° tiles
- Total data size: 4.4 TB in GeoTiff, 138 GB in JPEG 2000
- Delivery terms: FTP or hard drive
PlanetSAT Global, the perfect basemap for all applications
With its combination of rich geographic information and geometric accuracy, PlanetSAT Global imagery basemap is used as the backdrop map of many military, commercial and consumer applications. In the Defense sector, PlanetSAT Global basemap is widely implemented in visualization and simulation solutions, ranging from flight simulation solutions, mission preparation systems to GIS software. PlanetSAT Global is also used as the reference basemap in web-mapping applications, graphic solutions for broadcast and weather and audiovisual production.
Check out how users take advantage of PlanetSAT Global in their industry sectors: