10M GLOBAL IMAGERY BASEMAP
NEW: VERSION #2020
The global imagery basemap at 10-meter resolution
Essential mapping data for professionals
The most accurate and up-to-date
global imagery basemap
Get detailed geographic information at the global scale. Our satellite imagery has a unique resolution of 10 meters. The best solution for an improved user experience!
Take advantage of up-to-date imagery totally consistent with all local changes. Every year, we release a new version of the global basemap updated with recent and cloudless imagery.
Unrivaled image quality
we’re proud of
Enhanced visual experience thanks to unrivaled color balance. This basemap provides a natural color and seamless view of the Earth. Rely on our expertise in imagery processing developed over more than 30 years!
Benefit from view-ready imagery. Skip image retouching. Satellite imagery processing has already been optimized by our team. You get the imagery, you use it!
Version #2020 is now available!
They use our satellite images
- CEOs of Ask - Innovative Visualisierungslösungen GmbH
"We’re very happy with PlanetObserver satellite images. The standard products are easy to implement in our solutions and their team is very helpful for all our special requests. They provide constant support and very fast product deliveries for all our projects."
See 4 use cases
PlanetSAT Global imagery basemap is used across many sectors for a wide range of applications. This is why we partner with any customer type, both from the civil and military sectors, in the whole world.
Discover a few examples of projects implemented by our clients and partners.
Defense: Diginext, France
Our global imagery basemap is embedded as a backdrop in the 3D virtual globe Virtual Geo, used in military solutions for mission planning and battle management systems (BMS).
Broadcast: MetraWeather, New Zealand
Hundreds of weather services and TV stations across the world use Weatherscape weather graphics system, based on PlanetSAT Global imagery basemap as background layer.
Communication: Kinship Paris (Kyu Group), France
For the digital marketing campaign of Mitsubishi Motors Outlander PHEV SUV, Kinship Paris communication agency has designed a very innovative journey, featured in a 3D animation video based on our satellite imagery.
Aeronautics: Thales Training Systems, France
Thales develops training and simulation solutions, serving both civil and military applications. The World Database Virtual Terrain product embedded in Thales professional flight simulation solutions is updated with PlanetSAT Global satellite imagery.
Save time with ready-to-use satellite images
Data are provided in standard formats
adapted to any professional solutions.
Data can be adapted on-demand,
tailored to your needs.
FTP delivery within the day
for any standard orders.
10-meter global basemap
Satellite imagery benefits
- Global coverage: Complete pole-to-pole coverage of all emerged land.
- Improved resolution: 10 meter spatial resolution, perfect for a working scale down to 1:50,000 (zoom level 13 in Google Maps)
- Selection of best available multi-source data: Version #2020 is processed with Sentinel-2 imagery from 2017-2019 for 30% of all emerged land, including all capital cities and largest urban areas across the world, and large regions (Middle East, Western Europe), and with Landsat 8 data from 2013-2018 for 55%.
- Natural colors: Unique seamless satellite imagery processing in natural colors (RGB), for rich and vibrant colors.
- Cloud free imagery
Easy to use data
- Customized deliveries of your areas of interest: From a few square kilometers up to the global product
- Large choice of formats: Data available off-the-shelf in different standard formats (GEOTIFF, JPEG 2000, ECW). Tiling structure, format and projection can be customized on-demand.
- Quick delivery: Very short delivery times, down to 24 hours for any standard data supply per FTP. On-demand delivery on external hard drive, depending on data size.