The most up-to-date global imagery basemap
Essential mapping data for professionals
The most accurate and up-to-date
global imagery basemap
Unmatched 10-meter resolution at the global scale: Our 10-meter satellite imagery provides detailed geographic information in all parts of the world. The best product for an enhanced visual user experience!
Benefit from update #2018: Every year, we release a new version updated with recent imagery, totally consistent with all local changes.
Unrivaled image quality
we’re proud of
Natural color seamless mosaic: The basemap provides a seamless view of the Earth, with unrivaled color balance. Rely on our expertise in satellite imagery processing developed over more than 30 years!
View-ready imagery: Skip image retouching. Satellite imagery processing has already been optimized by our team. You get them, you use them!
They use our satellite images
- CEOs of Ask - Innovative Visualisierungslösungen GmbH
"We’re very happy with PlanetObserver satellite images. The standard products are easy to implement in our solutions and their team is very helpful for all our special requests. They provide constant support and very fast product deliveries for all our projects."
See 4 uses cases with our data
PlanetSAT Global imagery basemap is used across many sectors for a wide range of applications. This is why we partner with any customer type, both from the civil and military sectors, in the whole world.
Discover a few examples of projects implemented by our clients and partners.
Defense: Diginext, France
Our global imagery basemap is embedded as a backdrop in the 3D virtual globe Virtual Geo, used in military solutions for mission planning and battle management systems (BMS).
Broadcast: MetraWeather, New Zealand
Hundreds of weather services and TV stations across the world use Weatherscape weather graphics system, based on PlanetSAT Global imagery basemap as background layer.
Communication: Kinship Paris (Kyu Group), France
For the digital marketing campaign of Mitsubishi Motors Outlander PHEV SUV, Kinship Paris communication agency has designed a very innovative journey, featured in a 3D animation video based on our satellite imagery.
Aeronautics: Thales Training Systems, France
Thales develops training and simulation solutions, serving both civil and military applications. The World Database Virtual Terrain product embedded in Thales professional flight simulation solutions is updated with PlanetSAT Global satellite imagery.
Save time with ready-to-use satellite images
Data are provided in standard formats
adapted to any professional solutions.
Data can be adapted on-demand,
tailored to your needs.
FTP delivery within the day
for any standard orders.
10-meter global imagery basemap
Satellite imagery benefits
- Global coverage
- Improved resolution: 10 meter spatial resolution, perfect for a working scale down to 1:50,000 (zoom level 13 in Google Maps)
- Selection of best available multi-source data: Version #2018 is processed with Sentinel-2 imagery from 2016-2017 for all capital cities and largest urban areas across the world, and Landsat 8 data from 2013-2016 for 60% of emerged land.
- Natural colors: Unique seamless satellite imagery processing in natural colors (RGB), for rich and vibrant colors.
- Cloud free imagery
Easy to use data
- Customized deliveries of your areas of interest: From a few square kilometers up to the global product
- Large choice of formats: Data available off-the-shelf in different standard formats (GEOTIFF, JPEG 2000, ECW). Tiling structure, format and projection can be customized on-demand.
- Quick delivery: Very short delivery times, down to 24 hours for any standard data supply per FTP. On-demand delivery on external hard drive, depending on data size.